5 Valuable Things to Know About Car Rentals in Perth
Perth is the gateway to some of Australia’s best outback and coastline adventures. Locals are confident that the Western Australian capital is a road-trip bliss. And there is no better way to enjoy the goodies than to hire a car in one of the trusted companies in Perth. We are Aries Car Rental, and our long-time experience in the Australian car rental scene has given us the knowledge regarding the ins and outs of the industry.
This guide aims to help you understand what it is like to rent a car in Perth, as well as other facts that you will surely deem useful.
1. There Are Numerous Options but Pick the One That’s Best for You
You will be glad to know that a wide range of vehicle selections are available. Here at Aries Car Rental, we currently have small cars, family cars, and luxury cars. For a complete list, please head to our car hire page.
If you do not know which one suits your adventure, here is a short guide:
- Will you be travelling for several hours? If so, opt for a luxury ride. The car will provide the maximum comfort for you and the passengers. It’s especially important when you have kids on board who may start complaining about the trip. Luxury cars have entertainment options, so no one will be bored while on the road.
- Do you have a lot of luggage? Then, it’s better if you go for a large vehicle.
- Size matters when renting a car. Large cars are more expensive and will cost more fuel. Plus, they are complicated to manoeuvre. If you aren’t used to a big van or something similar, it may not be ideal for you, especially if you are visiting an area with narrow roads and restricted parking. On the other hand, smaller vehicles have limited space for your luggage. If you are bringing along some of your family members, they may not fit in the car. Your final choice will depend on your needs after you have weighed all the pros and cons of each.
The more defined your requirements are, the easier it will be to select the right rental car. If you still cannot decide on which type of car to choose, give us a call, and our friendly staff will guide you.
2. Understand How the Car Rental Process is Like
Renting a car is much easier than ever. In fact, you can even book the vehicle of your choice online. Here at Aries Car Rental, we make everything as convenient for you as possible. Just supply the following to start the booking process:
- Pickup and return locations
- Pickup and return dates
Plan ahead so that you don’t have any regrets, such as the type of car to hire. Fill up on petrol as well as soon as you see a station. Note that hiring a car comes with basic insurance. Also, it’s essential to be aware that provisional licence holders or P-platers may find it difficult to rent and drive a car in Perth.
3. Know a Little Bit About the Traffic Rules
If it is your first time to drive in Perth, be wary of railway crossings. Many are unmarked by flashing lights or boom gates. Therefore, you need to be on high alert whenever you cross them. Stay back for at least three metres whenever a train passes. It’s quite common for multiple trains to pass by in a row.
You will also find that some intersections in the city allow drivers to turn left even on a red light. You will see signage that says so.
Another thing to be wary of is wildlife. Yes, in the city, it’s not something to worry about. However, when you drive through the outback and other remote areas, always keep your eyes peeled for animals. They move into the road not just at night but in broad daylight as well.
Finally, our last important tup is to keep to the left just like the rest of Australia. Drivers should stay on the left-hand side of the road and stay right there unless they are overtaking another car.
4. You Can Travel Around Perth and Beyond
The city offers the best of both worlds, with scenic parks and white sand beaches. This vibrant port city is a sunny paradise with lots of sites to explore. You will find an award-winning wine region, five-star restaurants, excellent accommodation, and country towns with an interesting historical background. It’s also the gateway to other WA hotspots.
There are so many places to discover near Perth, from Kings Park to Rottnest Island to Rockingham all the way to Fremantle. The fantastic weather makes it easy to enjoy the great outdoors, even while you are in the comforts of your rental car.
5. Take Note of the Cost
Renting a car does not have to break your budget. In fact, it can save you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. Rather than buying a car, it makes sense to hire one, especially if you are planning a road trip. When booking, you need to know the vehicle rental fee itself, which is not the only price you have to pay. Other fees include tax and surcharges. You should ask about the payment methods, as well as policies regarding fuel and mileage.
By adhering to the rules, booking in advance, and planning the trip, you will undoubtedly have a stress-free journey. Do you have any more questions about renting a car in Perth? Contact Aries Car Rental, and we will be happy to help you with your concerns. Here’s a bonus: you can get a free quote, too!